The tongue...set on fire by hell itself

All of us have countless examples of the relevancy of James 3. The word of God speaks on the topic of the tongue throughout it's pages. Life and death is in the power of the tongue...

James was the first book I taught within a Christian school setting. Freshly out of college, ready to right the wrongs of mis-understood Christianity, I packed my bags and headed to the Windy City. I will never forget that group of senior Bible students at Gray's Lake Christian Academy. The Lord won't let me forget the contents of James. The message continues to haunt my mind and my will, as the Great Counselor continues to sow the seeds of repentance where James' message is concerned. This ground has been tilled again and again. Last year I taught James to a group of Juniors at Silverdale Baptist Academy. This past summer I walked through the book with several students from around the world. Several Sundays ago, our church began to walk through the book. We hit chapter one right when the stock market went crazy, considering it all joy no doubt.

While getting caught up on some blogs, I came across this. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a silent movie is worth an infinite number. Consider the message. Pick up James and study it inductively. Go to Proverbs and determine what God says about the tongue. It is a message I, a hot-headed Italian, am continuing to learn.

0 comments: